PDX Half Marathon
WALKERS ONLY Exclusive Half Marathon Program
WOW's PROVEN walk training Portland Half Marathon & Oregon Half Marathon begins June 15th
Group training is more effective than training alone
You’ll improve your technique
Learn how to pace yourself
Discover what to eat and drink on the course
Improve your performance
Personalized coaching in a group setting
Do you want to be a fitter, faster, more fluid walker?
Do you enjoy the camaraderie of training with others?
Would you like to improve your Half Marathon time?
||Group trainings will rotate locations
First meeting is at Grant Track located on NE US Grant Pl & NE 33rd Ave
June 15 - September 28, 2014
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
|| $ 135
||Download registration form
WOW accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Hands-on, personalized attention gives you the opportunity to create the change you want in your walking performance.
- You can cross the finish line healthy and vibrant!
- A customized half marathon training plan
- This training program begins June 15 meeting every other week through September 21st; September 28th is a bonus meeting one week before the Portland Half.
- Weekly email tips
- Technical t-shirt
- Race strategies
- You will receive hands-on-coaching from Judy Heller who achieved All American Standards in race walking for the 1-mile, 5K and 10K in 2011 for her age group.
- Increase your walking speed and distance
- Increase your ability to climb hills
- Maintain form and sprinting ability at the end of a race
- Race walkers, maintain your legal race walk form throughout the event improving speed
- Nordic walkers efficient use of poles
- Decrease your risk of first time walking injuries
- Decrease your risk of re-injury
- Lots of Fun!!
Plus We will meet at four different locations for specific training related to walking technique, movement & gait, address muscular strengths and imbalances; including mobility and flexibility drills as well as stretching components; heart rate training, training principles, speed, legal racewalk competition,) building your skills to compete in or finish the Portland Half Marathon.